Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

An Update on Phia - Happy Ever After

Fosser mom and cuzins,

Two years ago today, Phia and I met and thus began the journey of love, patience, kindness, TLC, fun and companionship. It seems like only yesterday that my most memorable and grateful Thanksgiving came to be. So I am sending a few pictures to share of this ever evolving friendship. I had hoped to send one of us together but that seems to be missing at the moment. I will do so when (or if) I find it. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these endearing photos.
Phia seems to bloom more and more as time goes by. We are still treating her skin allergies with homeopathic remedies which are working yet require more patience. Adjusting vitamins and foods also helps. Speaking of food, Phia will do just about ANYTHING for a treat! So much so that she is finally learning to go into a down position with a simple hand signal. I am amazed! I never thought she would! She'll also sit, stand, twirl and occasionally stay.
Sometimes Phia seems to be overprotective of me when we have visitors. She's nipped at a few repairman's heals and will sometimes jump up into their face as they bend over – not sure what she's trying to accomplish. So back to the treats – keeping her focus on me and then allowing visitors to treat her also so she thinks that everyone has something delicious to offer her on visits.

When we visit other homes, she does not exhibit any of these behaviors. I think I need to make it clearer to her that I am the alpha dog. Just recently she has started snuggling with me on the couch and will fall asleep in my arms or snuggled in the blanket we're sharing. I love this special time. But she still loves her crate for hanging out when she's not in the same room with me. We still have the blankies and pillow you created for her.

And still have the stuffed animal you sent (see it in the picture?). I call it her baby as she tends to care for it when she is not kill-shaking her. "Baby" is also like a pacifier which she picks up and carries around (after alerting me with barks) when she hears the vibration of sounds like thunder or motorcycles or jets/helicopters.

I am beaming a smile on my face and in my heart when I think of Phia and her sweetness. She really is a gem! I feel so lucky and deeply grateful! Hope all is well with you and your furry family.

Sending hugs, kisses, licks and blessings…From our hearts,Adrian and Phia

No comments:

Post a Comment