Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lexi's Lovely Thanksgiving

Dear CRM Family, I hope you all will indulge me as I send this to everyone in CRM; it's a little long, but I thought you might enjoy reading about Lexi. I trust that you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with your families.

My Thanksgiving was truly blessed this year, even though it was bittersweet. It was my first Thanksgiving without Danny, my golden boy, but it was my first Thanksgiving with my precious Lexi, my cairn princess. The day started out special with me gazing through the kitchen window and catching a glimpse of Lexi sunbathing belly up: a first for her since coming to her forever home! I grabbed the camera to memorialize the occasion and caught her as she was turning over. It made my heart smile to feel that she is really home.

My sister Lisa, niece Autumn, and mom Lois joined me for Thanksgiving at my home this year. My sister and niece fell in love with Lexi and showered her with all kinds of attention. She took it graciously as befitting a princess, but towards the end of the evening while I was in another room talking to my other niece in Colorado, Lexi came in and put her paws up on my knees and looked at me as if to say, “Hey mom, I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the goings on, can you pick me up and put me on your lap where I will feel safe?” This is the first time that Lexi asked me to pick her up and hold her! Of course with my heart singing, I obliged my sweet girl!

Duffy, my eleven year old cairn terrier, wasn’t feeling well because of osteoarthritis in his left hip, so he went in the bedroom and went to bed early.

Not Lexi, she stayed out with the family until they left around midnight! While we were eating dinner, she lay in the dining room being the perfect princess patiently chewing on a cow’s hoof while waiting for her dinner. Princess and cow’s hooves, hmm, didn’t know they go together! I have enclosed some pictures for you to enjoy.
Linda in Clearwater, FL - Mom to Duffy, Lexi, and Danny, my golden boy who went to Heaven on July 17, 2008


No comments:

Post a Comment