Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Amazing Cassy Turns Two!

Everybody please do a little happy dance with me. Today is for celebrating! Today Cassy (who we got to know as Casatta) turned TWO YEARS OLD! This little girl came into CP with only an outside chance of survival. At 9 months, she was smaller than the 3 month old puppies that came with her. It turned out she was missing a very important part of her anatomy - her anus!

With many tests, a brave surgical resident that was willing to try the impossible, and the generous donations of everybody at CP, she received the surgery she needed. After 6 months she was able to go happily in her forever home. (And her mama loves her dearly!) Betty and John are perfect parents for her and she leads the gang of 3 cairns at her house. I've included my album of her. I had mercy on you and put the most recent pictures at the beginning. :-)
http://picasaweb.google.com/cairngirls/Casatta#5280955457375495698

Cassy is the sweetest dog I've ever met. With all of the things we had to do to get her through her surgery and rehabilitation, she was never unpleasant. She was always sweet and loving. Ok, she did like to chew. She IS a cairn, after all! I still have teeth marks on the left lens of my glasses that remind me of her every day.

So please do a happy birthday happy dance for a special girl today! Princess Casatta nka Cassy - born 12/17/06. Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment