Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Bodie the Soccer Player

Hi Everyone,
I have had Bodie for about 2 months now and he is just the greatest dog. When I first got him, his foster mom warned me about his excessive barking and mouthing habits. Bodie has now broken the habit of barking just to hear himself bark. On his walks he doesn't pull and when he sees a dog he doesn't pull to go see it or even bark. He sometimes whimpers because he wants to bark, but he knows that it's not the right thing to do. His biting/mouthing has certainly changed too. In fact he has picked up a couple new sports. Bodie is quite the soccer player. He finds the soccer ball a mystery because he doesn't quite understand why he can't get his mouth around it. I bring him to the park when I have pick up soccer games on Tuesdays and when people are warming up, Bodie loves to play defense until he gets that ball. I'm a lacrosse coach so I'm trying to get Bodie to shag lacrosse balls but he's not too interested in that yet. If he can't play soccer, he'd rather steal the shuttlecocks when I play badminton in the backyard. He is the most athletic Cairn I've ever had! Now that it's football season, we'll see if he takes to that. Maybe he'll try to be a punt returner.
All the best,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment