Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Queen Nala Update

Hello Foster Mom Deb! It's me, the #1 cairn queen, Nala! I've been in NJ for three months now and I love it! Me and my brothers have been spending the summer at my grandma's house, we play in the back yard everyday and I even went into the swimming pool once (but my aunt Boobie wouldn't let me swim)! My mom sleeps with us downstairs in the nice cool basement, where I get to sleep in a yellow comfy chair (if I can beat the boys to it first!) I like to spread out and have my tummy on the cold floor on really hot days. I get to eat chicken, stews and all kinds of neat things here. My grandma is on vacation and she likes to cook for us. She keeps saying that she's gonna keep me in the fall but I don't think my mom and aunt will let her. For now, I like to jump onto her lap and get my ears scratched. Snowball and me still get into some scuffles, but mostly I chase him around (he likes that). My brothers like to help me down the stairs, Titan first, then me and Snowy in the back. The keep me from tripping and protect me from other dogs when we go out for walks (like I need their help, they're babies!) I celebrated my birthday on the 4th of July because my mom says I'm finally free to be 100% me! I even wore a pink lil' dress. I had cake and Titan sang "Happy Birthday" to me. Snowy too! Guess what? My20grandma sings to Titan all the time and Snowy sings too. So now, I sing all the time with them! My mom says she wants to film us, but every time we sing, she's sleeping! We wake her up and there's never a camera in sight! I even have a nick name! My aunt Boobie calls me "Meanie the Nalini" (she doesn't mean it, she says I look like a Bearenstein Bear). Titan is Titanium and Snowball is Snowballie. I like my nick name, it makes me sound like a lil' tough guy (grrrrrrr!) I sleep, eat and play all day. I can't wait to see a whole lot of snow! My brothers say its cold but fun. Well Foster Mom Deb, I hope you liked hearing about my adventures in NJ. Don't be sad, I like it here and I'll always remember you and the rest of the crew. Send some pictures of everyone so that my NJ family can see my NM family!Luv,Nala
Nala is doing great! Her blood sugar levels are good, she's eating everything in site and I think she gained a pound or two (the boys share their treats with her). Now, we run around for hours in the yard and walk to keep her weight down. So far, she wants to walk for miles but my sorry self can't take that, so she has to make due with chasing Titan and Snowball in the yard (which she enjoys). I'm thinking of taking her swimming in the pool when I'm there, sort like hydro-therapy for her join ts and stuff….much easier on them than walking and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment