Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update on Tor-Cartman CP 8/07, formerly Cartman

I have been in my new home for a whole year and thought I should send CP an update.
What a busy year I have had. I have two sisters and one brother. Flisa - she is the BOSS and is 1/2 coyote and Schnauzer and Yorki - she only weighs half of what I weigh, but she is still the boss. Kroner and Bitz are these huge dogs called Goldens and I boss them around all the time. I have three cats around here. I try to chase them but they don't run...very frustrating. I have a huge fenced yard to run in and I feel so safe here. At first I was really intimidated by the huge yard and big large trees, but now I have learned where all the trails go. I still don't like to go out at night though. There are these big birds called owls that kind of scare me.
I have a big pond here and I have learned to look at and chase the fish, watch frogs and snakes, and chase bugs. I find the snakes really interesting because they can move on the land and in the water. Sandy keeps saying "get-em" and I don't know what she means. All I know is that she gets really excited when we see of these things. I have been swimming in the pond many times. When I get really excited I forget I can't walk on the water. The water is really nice and warm though and I have learned to swim to a shallow area where I can easily walk onto the shore.
I love to ride in the car and have been to many places. I love to go visit my cousins - a miniature poodle and a Scottie. I think the Scottie and I am related somehow. We kind of look similar.
In May I tore all the ligaments in one of my knees. I don't remember what I did, but I think I zigged when I should have zagged. I had an operation and now have three screws and two plates in my knee. I have three portable pens so I get to change my location. I am getting really tired of watching TV when Sandy is at work. It is almost two months since my surgery, so only two more months to be confined. I go on lots of walks, but am kept on a very short leash. I get really frustrated because there are squirrels, birds, bugs and other things that move that I can't chase. Believe me I am counting the days until freedom.
I just love my home and find every day an adventure. I still miss my old owners, but Sandy and I send messages to them that I am happy and well. I know they did not want to give me away, but they wanted me to have a good home where I could be safe and have fun. It is getting harder and harder to remember my old home and I think that is a good sign.
Thinking of all the CP furkids and adventures they will have when they get to their forever homes.
Tor-Cartman

PS Sending a picture taken "before" my operation

No comments:

Post a Comment