Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lilo, fka Colpy

I've had Little Lilo for about two weeks now. I never believed in having the "perfect" dog, but I am now convinced I have one. Lilo is just amazing! She fits in so nicely with her furbrother, a lab mix named Gunther, and her fursister, a pit bull mix named Belle. Coming from a puppy mill, we knew Lilo might have some issues, but Gunther and Belle have brought her out of her shell so much that she's beginning to act like a regular dog! She even does well with my three cats! She loves being held like a baby and lets me carry her around that way.

After losing my first cairn, Louie, a 13 month old puppy, back in February, I never thought I would be happy again. The grief was overwhelming. Two weeks later I became a foster mom to Kiki, who went to her forever home on June 9th. It was unbearable to have to let go of another fur-baby and I knew I needed to adopt someone permenantly. Along came Lilo, who has put a smile back on my face and made my life complete once again.

I can't thank Col. Potter enough for everything they've done, and especially Marsha, Lilo's foster mom, who has made such a difference in this little girl's life! I can't imagine not having Lilo in my life right now- it was truly meant to be!
Amy in Central New York

No comments:

Post a Comment