Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nettie Ann's Gotcha Day

Nettie was adopted six years ago today. Amazing how time flies... She was terrified of leaves blowing in the wind, afraid of everything from plant pots to garbage cans to the truck sitting in the driveway. While she is mainly only afraid of thunder and lightning now, if she's misbehaving, all I have to do is shake a piece of paper at her to get her to stop.
She's gone from not tolerating another dog in the same room if she was resource guarding, to allowing them nearby. She's gone from being standoffish, to asking to be picked up for cuddles. She's particular about giving kisses, but does give them. She talks, and talks back. She loves boy dogs and loves her momma. She loves to go for car rides and loves other people, but still gets snarky with female dogs.

Nettie was skin and bones when she was rescued by CP, after recently having a litter of pups, and was blowing her coat. She's now a healthy 14 lbs, with a beautiful coat. She's a beautiful reddish wheaten, and although she promised to change to a red, she still has yet to go really red.

CP brought me my first foster March 2, 2002, which was 13 days before I had to let my very first cairn, Morganna, go to the Rainbow Bridge. Nettie helped me to cope with the loss of my dearest and closest companion of 15 years. Thank you, CP, for bringing a new heart dog to my life when I really needed her. Thank you for allowing me to continue to foster cairns these last six years and for helping me to learn so much about cairns, their health and behavior issues - all of which help me to care for all my own dogs much better. Lastly, thanks so much for letting me make a difference in other cairns' lives and for bringing me very dear friends who share my love for cairns. I've attached a picture of Nettie shortly after arriving here in 2002.
-- Sandy A, Houston TX

No comments:

Post a Comment