Pages

Monday, October 20, 2008

A Visit with Snickerdoodle


Hi all:
Myra and I got an invitation to visit my former foster dog Snickerdoodle today. It was a gorgeous October day - leaves falling all around and 3 Cairns racing around the yard chasing chipmunks and each other. They all had a grand time. Snickerdoodle was my foster for 18 months before he found the perfect home right in the town next to me!! His family is crazy about him (of course - he was the sweetest dog in the world - just a little "funny looking" ) and he loves his new brother Brodie. They race down the back stairs to the fenced in yard every morning on squirrel patrol. Mom comes home every day at noon to let them out and she works part time 3 times a week so they have company a lot. He has a new name - kind of - Allyson's Dad loves him too and has taken to calling him Skipper so that has caught on although Allyson still calls him Snickers sometimes as well. I think Skipper is a sweet name and it's so nice he loves Allyson's Dad - he loves them all - they are his family now and I couldn't be more thrilled. And Myra had a chance to play with the boys - she is exhausted now and sleeping on her Princess Cushion, snoring away. So if you have had a foster for awhile and worry they won't find their adoptive home, never give up - the perfect person/family is out there - it is well worth the wait for them to find "their" dog. Sorry I forgot my camera but we were having so much fun, I probably wouldn't have forgotten to take pics anyway. I finallly had to drag Myra away as she had a chippie cornered under some lumber and was totally ignoring the boys... Typical
Susan in Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment