Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Bib (now Skye) goes to his forever

Well, it's done. The Felton's just left with my baby boy, Bib. Donna, Bib's new mommy is a very sweet, calm woman. They brought Mac with them, their 17 month old Cairn. What a character that little man is! LOL He and Bib sniffed butts, decided they smelled fine and ran around the yard. Bib barely barked at anyone, which is shocking in itself, but he also came closer to them than he has to anyone else, besides my DH and me. He's known that something is going on because he's been squirrelly all day.We hung out for about an hour, got the paperwork signed and they were ready to go. While hanging out, I handed Bib over to Donna. He tried to fight going to her, but she didn't back up like some people would. She just calmly took him from me, sat down with him and he melted right into her arms and stayed there. He was fine, no fear, just relaxed in her arms. And THAT is how I know he has the right home. Donna's husband is disabled and not too steady on his feet, but he lumbered over and quietly put his hands on either side of Bib's face and talked to him quietly. Bib just listened to him, looked him in the eyes, tilting his head.. No thrashing, no panic, nothing. Bib is with his family now. His new name is Skye and he is already loved.On the funny side, they loaded Bib up into his crate, put Mac into the car, closed the door and Mac promptly locked the doors. Yep, the keys were in the car. We had to call a locksmith to get them into the car. LOL! Bib slept in his crate in the car quietly and Mac was busy taunting the adults with the fact that they couldn't get into the car. It was actually very funny. My 9 month old, Uber took that opportunity to fool everyone into thinking he's a sweet adorable boy. He and Elspeth had a great time with Donna's family. If every one of my babies approve of this family, then I know Bib is now blessed. My camera memory is full and the camera refuses to work, so I have no pictures. Just seeing Bib so relaxed in Donna's arms was so heartwarming I desperately wanted a picture of it. Donna assured me that she will send plenty along with updates. She was so nice that I didn't have the heart to tell her she'd better, cause I knew where she lived. =) Congratulations little Bib/Skye on your new, loving family. You will be very missed! Again, SO MANY THANKS to Jana Phillips for finding this exceptional home for Bib. With his fears it could have taken a very long time to place him, but Jana came through with the perfect family for our very special boy. Christy, Jeff and the OK fur herd

No comments:

Post a Comment