Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Lexi Update with Photos

Foster Mom sent this great update:
Lexi's new mom is doing an awesome job keeping me updated on the progress of my little foster girl. She's also sending some great pics. Here is a link to some new pics I uploaded.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/debsmartt/sets/72157608045439932/

Update from Furever Mom Linda:
Lexi is gaining more confidence each day. Today she thoroughly explored my yard and had fun playing with the oranges that had fallen on the ground. She picked them up with her mouth and carried them around the yard. If I threw one she chased it. I also had a variety of toys including the big ball in the yard and she played with them all.

My mom used to have a grapefruit tree in the back yard and Duffy used to play with the green grapefruits that fell off the tree. Of course, they were sour and he used to make the funniest noise when he bit into one.

Lexi did great on her walk tonight. My girlfriend wasn't home so I walked the dogs by myself. Lexi was so happy to go for her walk. Her tail was up and her nose was to the ground sniffing all the new smells.

At one point one of my mom's neighbors came toward us with her two big female dogs. I told her that Lexi hasn't been around big dogs so she went down a side street. When we came to the place her dogs had been, Lexi peed and scratched the ground! I guess she wasn't going to be intimidated by two big dogs!

Another time, several teenage boys came walking toward us making a lot of noise talking and laughing. Lexi didn't act frightened, just on the alert. The boys ended turning down a side street before they got to us, so I am not sure how she would have reacted if they got closer.

Later my mom's neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Day, came down the street. They stopped to chat and I told them that Lexi was scared of men, but do you know that she walked halfway up to them! She didn't seem afraid of Mr. Day, just curious.

After our walk, we were watching the baseball game at my mom's house and I went into the kitchen. Lexi was sleeping by my chair in the TV room. I started getting our gear ready to leave and must have made too much noise and woke her. Suddenly I started hearing barking from the TV room. At first I wasn't sure who barked, but it was Lexi. The noise must have startled her. When driving to my mom's tonight, mom was holding her and all of a sudden someone barked. I am not sure who barked, but I think it was Lexi. So . . . she seems to be finding her voice. Not hard to do with her big mouthed brother around!!!

She is very puppy like, always putting something in her mouth. I had the handymen over yesterday doing some work while the dogs were at mom's. Last night when I took them out for a potty break, I saw Lexi pick up something white. I thought it was a feather and walked over to retrieve it. Well it wasn't a feather, it was a cigarette butt from the handyman! I took it away and told her no. What's the chance that she would find a cigarette butt in that big yard???

Last night I was showing my friend Diane the video you made of Lexi playing ball and when she heard your voice her ears were twitching back and forth. She will never forget you. Dogs don't forget. There are many stories of dogs who have gotten lost and have been separated from their owners for a long time and they remember them when they are finally reunited.

She gets to meet our vet tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how she does with him. I'll let you know.

Lexi sends hugs and kisses to her first momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment