Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Cairnadian Roxy is a Hero!!!

Heather H sent this:
There is an elderly gentleman on our street who owns Molly, a beautiful brindle cairn. She and Roxy exchange pleasantries through their respective fences when one or the other is being walked. Today I had Roxy and Mia (our papillon) out for a walk when I met my neighbour with an empty harness but no Molly. He had inadvertently left the gate open, and Molly was gone.

Now today was beautiful, and the traffic was heavy. I thought I knew where Molly might go and headed the girls in that direction. Sure enough there was little Molly snot trying to play with another dog while the dog's owners tried to grab Molly. She would not let them touch her, and their dog was getting snappy. Roxy gave out a mighty "Woof"! when she saw her friend, and Molly came running.

Mia (being her usual diva self) picked a fight with the new dog while Roxy playfully jumped on Molly giving me just the opportunity needed to grab her. My 2 were still leashed, and were now coiled around my legs, but I did manage to get Molly under an arm and take her home to her happy dad. For once, our Rox got it right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment