Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oscar's Gotcha Day Celebration

Well - I've been meaning to send an email all day but time just keeps getting away from me! Two years ago today, my mother, my cairn girl Ally and I drove from Denver to Albuquerque, NM to pick up a little boy named Biscuit. Okay - maybe he wasn't so little at 20 pounds! But he did fall instantly in love with my mom, he still adores her, and made pretty fast friends with Ally. Ally didn't mind him until she realized he wasn't leaving and then she was miffed at me for a while! Most days you can find her stealing his bone or snuggled up next to him. And as her vision has slowly started to fade - he seems to know it and makes sure she is okay.
Oscar has had his share of health issues and through it all, has become the biggest love bug I have ever seen. I said to my mom just yesterday - we should have named him Pinnocio because he is a real dog now. He is no longer afraid of big dogs (he had major fear agression when he came to live with me), he is no longer a door dasher and he will actually run up to meet new people instead of hiding behind his mom. Oscar, Ally and I would once again like to thank everyone that is a part of Col Potter. Each and every one of you has made it possible for my boy to be here with me today. The love we have shared is immeasurable. Angela in CO Some pictures of my boy. He isn't very expressive for the camera but if you have an open lap, he will spend all day
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=11ot4lt2.26i1titi&x=0&y=alv4g&localeid=en_US

No comments:

Post a Comment