Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Gottcha Day to Ida, her sisters and in memory of the General

Dear Friends,Two years ago today Kaaren and Richard J went to a puppy mill auction and weathered the cold and rain until a special "lot" of "love" was offered for sale. She purchased our little Ida, her sisters and her dear father, the General. Happy 2nd Gottcha Day to these wonderful cairns and to Kaaren and Richard who helped them find freedom. And General, we know you are smiling down on your girls from above. Ida doesn't like to have her picture taken but I have attached a special picture of her with Georgie.
Mom to CP kids now in their forever home, Miss Ida, her pup, Lil' Georgie and the newest member of the pack, Timofey Archibald.

Thank you for the reminder Alice,

I have been thinking of that wonderful old man lately and missing him. I'm so glad his daughters are living the "high life" And I really loved the write-up on the last NLOL for him:
http://mall.cairnrescue.com/newleash_2008_jul.htm
This was the picture that made his Forever Mom, Robin fall in love with him long distance. Enjoy!
Susan - General's lucky Foster Mom in Vermont


Wow....I remember the day I picked up Aileen and Lavern from Seattle and brought them to be fostered in BC by Allison and me. They were my first car transports, my first B&B and my first Foster. I could not have been broken in by a sweeter couple of gals. Can someone remind us of the origin of the names? (they were named after Kaaren's family; she was working on some family history at the time. LaVerne was Kaaren's mother's middle name, Aileen was her mother, Ida was Aileen's mother (my great-grandmother) and Delphia was my Great-grandmother on another branch. General got his name because he had been Sargeant or Captian before & I thought he deserved a promotion.. ) Lavern is now Lulu living the sweet life with Daphne, not far away from me. Thank you Karen and Richard for all you did for them and all you continue to do for so many.
Maureen B. in BC

Lulu (FKS Lavern) says, thank you Auntie Alice!!! and HGD back to her step sis Miss Ida. I've decided that I'm going to make a tradition of marking this very special day for Lulu by making a donation to the Guardian Angel program every year, on this date, as a way of giving back and as a way of recognizing the horrific conditions some of our pups have had to endure. (Lulu got an extra stinky tripe dinner tonight!!!! and has a pretty new pink raincoat picked out and ready to go as HER treat)
TWO years ago....I often think of what would have happened to the General's little family if Kaaren and Richard hadn't happened upon Lavern, Ida, Aileen, Delphia and General that day. I still have Lavern (now Lulu)'s filthy rope and auction # tag. I seem to remember being told that this wasn't an advertised auction and the 32 cairns were just found by chance and had been relegated to a muddy pen somewhere in the middle of nowhere. They could only save 5, and so the General and his 4 daughters, being the 5 oldest, came to CP.
Lulu was horrifically traumatized when she came to me, but has made progress and I think is happy. I'll post a web album I made a while ago for Holly Robinson who was so instrumental in my being approved to adopt.
So, HGD to Ida and Aileen and Delphia and rest well sweet General.
Daphne in BC
Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/luziebelle/ForHolly?authkey=WubzK19Xwk0

No comments:

Post a Comment