Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

Bezoeker the Mighty Wolverine!!!!

Well, it is football season, so it's only right that "Zoekie" gets to wear his support for the Michigan Wolverines ... even if he now is a Buckeye! Enjoy this update from his furever Mom:
Greetings Ladies! As you know, Bezoeker came home with me from Michigan to Ohio on September 14. What a horrible beginning for him in this new strange place. We left Michigan in TORRENTIAL downpouring rains and floods (I have driven in a Kalamazoo snow blizzard and it wasn't as bad as that rain). The first three hours of our 4.5 hour drive home was nothing but hard rain. It was awful.
When we reached Ohio, it was evident that Hurricane Ike had left his mark. 78 mph winds, trees and debris everywhere, my fence knocked over and no power for five days. Poor Zoekie probably thought he was back at an amish puppy mill! I could only take him out on the leash because part of the fence was gone and we sat in the dark.
I was SO distraught and he looked SO sad. He really missed his Mommy Suzy in Grand Rapids. I know he still does. BUT, I am happy to report that he is finally FINALLY acting like a happy little dog here at his new home. He is a challenge at times (like just a few minutes ago when he about broke the door down because the paper kid was here collecting), but at least he is showing SOME emotion. At first there was very little.
His sister Holly has become "Alpha girl" and that can be trying at times (so hard to believe that 10 or 12lbs can be so bossy!) but we're getting there.
I would like to thank each and EVERY one of you for your support during the adoption process and after. I was even able to meet Neola, my wonderful post-adoption coordinator (Neola, don't laugh, but with the way things started out I prefer to call you my post-traumatic stress coordinator!). She opened her beautiful home to me a few Saturday mornings ago and we had a very nice visit. And I don't know what I'd do without Sue Losinger, Bezoeker's foster mommy. She has really helped me so much and i know it's hard for her because she misses him.
I wish, Sue, that you could see Zoekie after he runs the fence with the neighbor dog (you told me about that!) and does a HUGE belly flop into his kiddie pool afterwards. It is SO cute! And I have to ask where on earth did you get that adorable little toy box you sent home with Zoekie?
Keep up the great work everyone. You are a wonderful group of people and i am glad I have you to rely on. And Sue and Neola, don't worry. You can take the dog out of Michigan but you can't take Michigan out of the dog...........Zoekie VERY proudly wears a University of Michigan fleece and enjoys taunting his Ohio State neighbors with it. I enjoy it even more!
Love, Mary R

No comments:

Post a Comment