Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Tiny Steps ... Big Progress

My little Kipper is still a “work in progress,” but this morning, what progress we made!! When I first brought her home (January 8), she stayed huddled in her crate all the time. When she finally ventured out she would bark at me every time I moved. Eventually she let me touch her, but she was always tense, alert, and ready to bolt. Long story short, this morning I laid down on the floor with her and she actually flopped over on her side and FELL ASLEEP while I was rubbing her. Still brings tears to my eyes just sharing this HUGE show of trust. (That was trust, wasn’t it??)
The little snot not only made my day, she MADE my weekend!!
Kathy T
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says: "I'll try again tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment