Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Preston Packs his Bags!

Contributed by his Forever Mom


Preston came to Col. Potter with terrible skin problems.
Remember Preston, the little six year old boy who came to Col. Potter last May suffering with several years worth of skin problems?   Well, bye bye cone!  Those itchy days are gone, and Preston has now packed his bags and moved to Florida with his wonderful Forever Mom!

CP Preston ready to try Forever!
I arrived at Preston's Foster Home on Tuesday afternoon and began the 'get acquainted' process with him.  We played fetch with a ball; walked around the block;  I fed him his dinner; I looked over some of the documents his Foster Mom gave me;  Preston spent the night in a crate in the room where I slept.

Preston gets acquainted with Forever Mom
The next day, we left Virginia at 8:00 a.m. and got home on the dot of 9:00 p.m.! My friends all piled out to come meet Preston, and he was good with everyone!  He was very interested in exploring his new home!  I said good night to everyone and gave Preston his dinner right away - figuring he was hungry! 

I set up his bed with the blankets and my “used” night shirt.  Got out some toys, including the ones he had in the car, and he settled right in.  After a final walk around the block, I went to bed.  He decided he wanted to sleep with me, so I let him - with everything being strange, he probably felt more secure close by.  If that continues to be his choice, that’s OK with me!  He made it through the night just fine and we got up at 8:00 to take a quick walk around the block and then have his breakfast.  He is currently sleeping in his bed next to me. 

This is one sweet boy!  I hope his Foster Mom isn't having 'withdrawal' too badly!



No comments:

Post a Comment