Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nahbi (fka Cree) Blossoms in Furever Home





Hi Mary and CPCRN!

It's been too long since I last sent an update about Nahbi but I wanted to let you know that my girl continues to thrive in her forever home.  It's hard to believe that it's already been over one year since I brought home a frightened little dog who marked over everything.  She's blossomed into a great dog who loves to take walks, go to work with me, play with her doggie friends and get tons of belly rubs (and potty-trained to boot!).  Our life together has been fairly uneventful, which I think has helped Nahbi learn how to let go of some of her old anxieties.  

I believe this is a good thing as the next few months hold in store a few changes.  I was recently admitted into the veterinary program at University of Tennessee and will be moving to Knoxville to start school in August!  Of course, one of the first things I did was go look at apartments that allow pets.  I found a lovely place by the Tennessee River that is close enough to school to allow me to go home during lunch to take Nahbi out for potty breaks.  Knoxville is supposed to be very dog-friendly so I'm looking forward to exploring the city with Nahbi on weekends!

I know I've said this before but I must once again thank you and the folks at Col. Potter for the amazing work you do.  Nahbi has added so much joy and happiness to my life.  Thank you for giving her a chance at a happy forever ending!

Best,
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment