Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Walter Learns a New Sport - Rock Fishing!

Walter took his first trip to the river this weekend. He loved the water! He swam and chased a soft frisbee but his favorite thing was rock fishing. He would paw around the rocks under the water until he found one he liked and then he would stick his face in the water and scoop it in his mouth and carry it to the shoreline. He made a nice little pile of rocks . . . on top of all the rocks already there. Sorry there's no pictures of this fascinating sport - DH was off fishing and I couldn't handle Walt on a leash AND a camera at the same time. (I know that sounds totally lame after Lori took pictures of wiggly puppies on their blankets - I'm just a wimp I guess.LOL) Poor little boy wore himself out - he's totally crashed on the floor under my feet right now. AND the Listerine spray worked GREAT! Even Ed was amazed that they didn't smell like wet dogs after I used it on them. Got to order him a life jacket so he'll have it for our next trip. Fun!!
-- Angel R in Burke, VA with Chewy (Hey! - I got my paws wet - doesn't that count?!) and Walter (CP kid & Champion Rock Fisherman)

No comments:

Post a Comment