Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Adair's (Addy) Adoption Day


Alright, it will be 2 weeks on Sunday, since Addy went to her forever home. Sherry and Patty met us on our first stop, up in Flagstaff, AZ, to finalize the adoption. It was much closer for them to travel to Flagstaff (2 hrs), rather than to Yuma (6 hrs) from their home in Show Low, AZ. I want to thank Matchmaker, Bev S for finding Addy the most wonderful forever home! Sherry and Patty were smitten with Addy the moment they met her. They were going to change her name to Maddy, but they told me they kept going back to the name I gave her, so she is officially Addy. Sherry and Patty have 2 other dogs, which are much larger than Addy. I was a little concerned about this, because when Addy met a black lab at Petsmart, she was terrified. I had a friend of mine bring her large dog over, so we could work with Addy and her fear. Well, as you can see from the pictures they have sent me, Addy is NOT afraid of their yellow lab! I have read somewhere that sometimes dogs are afraid of large, black dogs, because they have difficulty "reading" their body language in their eyes, so maybe that was the problem with the black lab that she encountered, as my friends dog was light in color, too. Of course, if it didn't work out with Trixie, I would have been more than happy to take back this little sweetheart. :) Enjoy Addy's Adoption Day!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0IZuHLRs4aMWlb&emid=sharview&linkid=link2

No comments:

Post a Comment