Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Addy's Chicken Farm

From Foster Mom Karen O:

I just got an Addy update from Sherry that I just had to share. I love that 2 of my former fosters, Heidi with Lois, and now Addy, are living with chickens!! If there were two girls I would trust around them, it would be Heidi and Addy. But don't worry, both Lois and Sherry and Patty are cautious with the girls and the hens. :) I had to laugh about the starfish, as Addy did this to me a couple of times at our house, with MacKenzie's collar and a bowl she took out of the cabinet, when I was in the kitchen.

From Forever Mom Sherry:
Hey Karen, Since you like hearing about the kid, my emails to you are kind of serving as my first few weeks journal of Addy's new life in the mountains. Addy has had some more "firsts" today and she keeps making me giggle. Just now, and also earlier, she was walking around the house just checking things out. She was even looking at the walls like she was looking at the pictures and wall hangings up there. This browsing and sniffing makes me slightly nervous, because lickety split she's liable to take a squat. But today's the first time she's really spent time scanning the entire house. Another first just happened right now...after looking around she came into the living room and laid down by Trixie! So far she's followed us around the house, but if she's resting she's always on her blankie by the wood stove. She's getting some confidence!


Patty and Zoey headed down to Scottsdale this morning, so we all went for a walk early...a mile and 1/2 today. For the first time, Addy was sniffing the ground and taking interest in the surroundings. She usually has her head right at our heals and just keeps trucking along without paying attention to anything. Like you said, she does get really excited about food and does the happy dance right alongside the other girls.


Trixie is like a big Baby Huey and frequently trips over Addy, then looks around like "Hey, what happened?" Addy's taking treats from us, and if I set it on my leg she'll come right to me, but then grab and run. She wanted treats so bad she was up on her hind legs prancing for a few seconds. Earlier today I was doing laundry and I kept hearing her tags jingle and figured something was up. I went in the living room and Trixie was trying to get something from Addy. The little squirt ran all over the house until I cornered her in the laundry room and got it. She had a dried starfish in her mouth that was up on the shelf in front of the fish tank. It was about 18 inches above her head so I'm thinking she had a little help. So I gave her and Trixie each a chew bone, and she zipped all over the living room and kitchen with it, around and around the table, her first big burst of energy.


She spent hours chewing. That made me happy because there was no interest in anything to chew before today. I guess I better watch what I wish for!! Monsoons are definitely here; rain every day. Addy doesn't seem to mind the rain and will go right out in the rain to potty. But she is afraid of the loud thunder and will come over and sit by me if it's thundering. She's not the least bit afraid of the vacuum cleaner or other loud house noises though. I'm just rambling now, so will save more for later. It was just a big day for firsts! I'll send you some more pics when I'm at work. Thanks for letting me go on, like you had a choice. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment