Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Toby’s Yummy Pumpkin/Cake Mix Muffins

OK, I think my mistake is an honest one. After all, we usually are talking about dog food and treats. So when the following recipe was posted to our group, I planned when I could make it for Kiara and Ruthie. Still, I scratched my head when Bonnie mentioned adding raisins, and made a mental note to leave them out for my peace of mind. Then my "ah hah moment" came when there was the post of how a Cairnadian member served them to a two-foot visitor. So although you may share these with your four-footers (assuming you don't add any raisins), they really are for us humans. Try them and let us know what you think - Kathy already did!

Take one 15 oz. can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
Mix it into 1 box of cake mix (Toby, who adopted Bonnie's CairnTerrier foster girl Melodie Marie, LOVES the Duncan Hines spicecake mix, Bonnie loves carrot cake mix).nothing else (NO egg,water, or oil)!!
OPTIONAL: Add 1/3 cup of golden or regular raisins (Bonnie added raisins and loved it)
Stir until mixed well. It takes a little while to get mixed because it's quite thick, then just scoop and drop it in muffincups in the muffin pan (it makes 12 good sized muffins).

Bake at 350 until toothpick inserted is clean - about 25 minutes. No fat (unless you frost them) and lots of fiber and they taste amazing! They are NOT overpoweringly pumpkin tasting. ;)

Kathy's comment:
OK - I'm not a pumpkin pie fan, but I made these tonight using a carrot cake mix, a handful of pecans, and I jazzed them up with a container of the pre-made cream cheese frosting. YUM! They drove the furkids crazy while baking, and I did end up giving a bite to Sadie and Fergus, the only two that are still up with me :-) This has our stamp of approval! Thanks for sharing this easy recipe!
Kathy H in MO

No comments:

Post a Comment