Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A "BEACON" of CARING

For those who remember Beacon, here's an update. I've attached a couple of pictures, too. She was born with genetic defect. She has an abnormally small trachea that collapses deep within her chest. She came to me as a 6 month old puppy and the vet hospital asked us to try adaptive maintenance, rather than surgery, because the surgery was too risky. She came with me to the CA CRAP this spring. She was adopted soon after that to a dad and a cairn brother who only had 3 legs. She quickly took charge of her brother Jack and they are inseparable. Beacon's daddy has been sick this fall and had to have surgery. I was checking up on him this week and here's part of his reply. It was so sweet, I share it with Dan's permission:

"Beacon has been such a wonderful comfort over the past few weeks. She knows something is wrong and does her best to take care of me. Several days ago I took the bandage off and she became very upset. When I sat down in the recliner, she jumped up on me, put her paws on my chest, pushed me back into the chair and closely examined the wound. The entire time she's looking me over, she's making a moaning sound. Since then, she doesn't leave my side.

Jack's been very comforting too, but not nearly to the extent that Beacon is. Beacon has been my best medicine......better than any of the prescriptions the doctors have given me."

Aren't you glad we rescued her? I am. Thanks everybody.
Stacey - in thankful tears

No comments:

Post a Comment