Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Nala Sends an Update

Hello Foster Mom Deb!
It's me, the greatest carin princess Nala! It's getting cold here in NJ, with the leaves falling and all crunchy under my feet as I go for a walk with my grandma in the afternoon (I love to run in the piles and make a mess!)

My mom recently lowered my afternoon insulin dose to 3 units again and I feel great! My family is amazed that I'm running around more, especially the boys! They were used to me napping all the time, but now I chase them around the house and the yard! We like to hang out on the closed front porch, sitting on the couch and looking out the window.

On friday, we were just looking at those fuzzy grey things running around across the street and we saw my mom's car! We started barking, telling my grandma that my mom was home. My grandma is the best. She's always looking on the internet about new diabetes treatments for doggies and she talks to the vet about what can help me. So far, she's been right and I feel like a puppy again!

I'm so spoiled now. I love for my family to carry me around, especially if they're going to put me to bed and cover me with a warm blanket. The boys keep talking about this cold white stuff that's coming soon...can't wait to see what all the fuss is about.

How are you and the rest of the cairn bunch? Tell them I said hi and I miss all of you!

Love, Nala

Hi Deb. As you can see, Nala is adjusting nicely here in Belleville. Since the move from the town house, all of the dogs have been happier and I'm glad we made the move. We just started Nala on 3 units of insulin at dinner, and so far so good. She's an entirely different dog now! She runs after the boys, plays all the time and even barks with the boys. She joins in the doggie chorus when my mom sings to them, and she loves to cuddle up with my mom. She gets "upset" when she doesn't see my mom for long periods, but once she's home, Nala is ok again.

Pictures to follow. Hope all is well in NM.
Rochelle

P.S. My mom said to thank you for her for your excellent care of Nala.....she's in love with the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment