Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Gotcha Day Princess!

Four years ago today, Karen Pee and Monika brought a beautiful wheaten cairn girl to me to foster. She was my first CP foster. Recently released from a puppy mill, where she'd spent 4 years outside in a cage, she flattened herself on the ground when they took her out of her crate in the car (on a leash, of course).

I bent down and she turned her little face up to me, the sweet, scared look saying, "can I trust you? Will you be nice to me? Will you love me?" I picked her up and said, "why you are a little cairn princess!" And so she was, and is.

I brought her in, and my little cairn boy Tiger, a former petshop boy, started to play for the first time. "Mama, she is just my size!" My former mill mama found a little cairn brother to run and play with, and together these 2 puppymill kids found a friend who was just like them. I had to adopt her, how could I not??

So, she became my forever Princess, and I became a foster flunky. I've never been happier. Thank you Col. Potter for bringing my beloved girl to me, and allowing me to be her forever mama. Happy Gotcha Day, Princess!

Patti M
Mom to Ping, Tiger and Princess

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your Dog! You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart! You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

No comments:

Post a Comment