Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lighting a Candle and Celebrating Brandy's Life

My first Col. Potter adoptee, Brandy, crossed the bridge tonight. After 16 years, the majority as a diabetic, her heart and kidneys gave out. She died peacefully in my arms with the help of our vet, after the vet (who had treated her for years and loved her like her own) said all of her body systems were shutting down and it was time.
Brandy was given up by her first owners at age 8 after she became diabetic. She was rescued by Monika R (and became a CP dog) on the day before the owners were taking her to be euthanized because no one had answered their want ad.
Brandy was the dog of my heart and will be deeply missed. But through my tears, I also want to celebrate this beautiful senior dog that Col.Potter brought into my life, and all the joyful and peaceful moments she gave me over the years.
Rest in peace, Brandywine. You were so very loved.
- Linda, Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment