Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Snickerdoodle Update

Well, I never thought I would have the chance to say this but I got to go see Snicks in his new home - 2 weeks anniversary tomorrow!! How great is it having a long-time foster living nearby - I'll tell you, it is beyond great.

I had ordered a bottle of Frageria for his new Mom so that was my "excuse" to stop by and get an update and of course a hug from my favorite foster Boy. He is doing SO super - I think he was actually worried I was going to make him leave... LOL. At first he was a little shy but all of a sudden he realized it was me and I got a wonderful greeting.

Of course his new brother, Brodie who's just a baby (1.5 years) had to get in on the action. They are becoming best buddies and play together and sleep up in the window together. And at night they get beds put on their Mom and Dad's bed and they sleep together all night too. Then we all went down and checked out the completely fenced in backyard which was 3/4 done when I did the home visit. Snicks Mom said they just love it and are constantly racing around - they even had a bunny trapped one day before she took pity on it and put them in the house so the rabbit could escape. She said Snicks sat near the place where the bunny disappeared for AGES - that boy always did have a good prey drive.

She is very much in love - he is the perfect dog - she wanted a cuddler, which Brodie is not and she sure got one with Snicks. He is no longer following her every time she moves which is probably a good thing - that also means he is more comfortable in his surroundings. And get this, my little guy who was always so scared on walks and also scared of younger kids, has at least one walk every day and LOVES it and he is learning to be friends with the kids in the neighborhood - slowly - still a little cautious but he does that - he just needs a little time to adjust to anything. He had a great report at the vets. Allyson has gotten all the grooming supplies (Thanks Danielle for getting her order to her so fast!) - table, Coat King, etc. and can't wait to learn to take care of their coats - Brodie is in need of some grooming. She also uses the grooming table to put him up and brush his teeth daily.

His two new human siblings who are older teens, love him too and he is crazy about them. I couldn't have found a more perfect home for him if I walked around and hand picked this one. I'm so blessed these folks just happened to be looking for a dog and he was not just scooped up because he was a prize. And he must have been in foster care longer just so the perfect family - HIS family could come along and find him. And of course they have my offer to pet sit he and Brodie ANYTIME...
Susan in Vermont

No comments:

Post a Comment