Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lacy's Game

Lacy, a cairn princess in California, created a new game, well one that’s been in the making for awhile, but that just makes my heart giggle like a little kid when she does it. Lacy plays the game only when Mom Kim is with her, or if Dad Steve is far enough away that she doesn’t feel she needs to keep an eye on him.

Ms. Lacy Princess is a work in progress – she’s the most precious, loving, sweet, and gentle dog I could imagine – and I love her to pieces for this, as well as dozens of other reasons. But when I come home, I open the bedroom door, kick off my shoes, put on my sandals, grab a leash and off we go, Lacy and I for a little walk before dinner. She started doing this periodically before moving to the new house, but it is a daily routine now, and on some days, it’s everytime I come in from outside.

She jumps up on the bed, sits up pretty, her two front paws waving at me… and I bend down and pretend like I’m going to kiss her but pull away and make silly little kid noises (come on, you know you all do these noises with your furkids too!) Anyway, after 2 or 3 times of pulling away, I finally let her give me a kiss and I do smooches all over her face and mess up her fur really good. She then plays the “Kissy Game” – getting close and pulling away, getting close and pulling away – until she finally decides she’s going to be a little comedian, she chomps down on my nose... of course not hard at all.

I swear, every time she does this her smile gets bigger and bigger – until she flops herself on her back, belly in the air for a good tummy rub before we go for a walk. LOL She’s such a character! Don’t you just love when these little scaredypants start doing silly “normal” doggy things and start to forget about the boogeyman that could be around the corner?

Give all your kids a smooch for me for that special little silly thing that they do ONLY for you and that just makes your heart giggle like you were 6 years old again. - Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment