Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Nala Update

From her forever Mom.. Nala is a cairn princess who bravely faces life with diabetes, and proves it doesn't have to slow her down:

We finally moved in for the summer at my mother's place (huge yard, nice neighborhood, lots of other dogs) and things have been great. Nala has yet to have an accident in the house since she has unlimited access to the yard. She's been barking at planes (we are near Newark Airport), but my mom thinks it's cute.

The boys and Nala have been getting along great. Snowball and Nala still get into minor scuffles, but it's more like they enjoy picking on each other than actual fighting. In fact, my sister saw Nala, Titan and Snowball all crammed into Nala's crate the other day (she said they looked like clowns coming out of a small car). She's been sleeping on their doggie pillows in the morning after their walk too.

So yesterday morning, I woke up at 5, gave them some breakfast and a quick walk around the neighborhood. My mom walked Nala and I took both boys. My mom tries to leave first, because when Nala has to go, she has to go! But she wouldn't leave! Every time my mom tried to get her out the door, she would pull herself closer to Titan and was whining! Once we all got outside together, she was barking at the boys because they were ahead of her (they like to walk side-by-side).

So we get back home and it's back to bed. Titan went to sleep in my mom's room and Snowball was with me. Nala stayed in the living room. SHe started barking, so I went downstairs to check on her. When I got there, she lead me to the kitchen, then to the basement door and started walking down the stairs. The little stinker wanted to go to sleep in the basement where it's really cold and there's a bed, a doggie bed and a yellow stuffed chair (aka Snowball's chair)!

My mom finally went downstairs with them and took a nap in the basement.My mother loves Nala! She calls her her princess and scratches her ears and rubs her belly (which Nala loves). The boys are protective of her. They walk on her "blind" side and keep others from getting to close to scare her. They can't be separated! We tried to take them outside one at a time, but the other two left behind start to howl.

AND the most amazing part....Nala sings to now! When my mom sings to the boys, Nala has been joining in! If we get it on video, I'll send it.So that's Nala's life as of Wednesday. Hope you and your crew are having a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment