Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Raven's Mom Reports

Raven is the little black cairn terrier that I adopted in April. Raven will be 4 December 13th and she is a little sweetheart, her favorite thing is to chase squirrels, then FOOD. After everyone eats, she goes bowl to bowl to make sure the dishes are clean, a good little girl. She loves going for walks at night and she has a blast running all over daycare playing. It is funny to watch her playbow to my cat Osgood. She always wants to play with him.

Her Westie brother is Otto; he is 3 years old and has autoimmune polyarthritis and is on a daily Prednisone & Aziathiaprine regiment. I call him my little lamb chop, although he looks more like a pork chop on the steroids. Otto is a sweetie. He lets you do anything to him. He has been through a surgery to remove a lump on his foot, luxating patella surgery on both of his rear knees, plus the arthritis. He does not play as much as he did as a puppy. He still loves to go to daycare, but he takes lots of naps while he is there. He is his grandma’s boy, he loves his grandma.

The little Black and Red guy is “My Little Dude,” Hunter, an Australian Terrier. He is my baby and is a bit jealous of Raven. He will be 4 on December 4th. Hunter is allergic to all poultry and eggs, so everyone eats fish, lamb and beef in my household. I also call Hunter my Pinhead because he has so many “Issues.” He does not like people to approach him at all, if they ignore him, he will approach them. He has to be drugged to go to the vet for his annual blood draw – otherwise he rips out the needles and has to be bandaged. I also give him a little dose before his nails are trimmed at the groomer. He does not like anyone to touch his feet, not even me. He loves to snuggle under the blanket/sheet up tight to my side at night, especially during storms.

I also have 2 cats, the grey and white cat, Osgood (Red Wing Goaltender), was raised by dogs and knows how to get along with them. Sebastian, my orange tabby screetches and runs away, which inspires a good chase as far as the terriers are concerned.
See more photos of Raven and her fur sublings here:

No comments:

Post a Comment