Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Newman Arrives at His Forever Home - from Mom Mo

First I want to publicly thank all of the many, many volunteers who helped bring my little man home. This was a long transport and you all made it seem so easy.

I know Marge was worried but not me, I know our teams handle each and every baby as if it were their own and this was no different. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now, Mr. Newman is currently occupying a large expen in my cool bedroom, babygated from the mob for now and has eaten supper and sucked down a half bowl of water with gusto. He seems a bit stressed but I guess I would be too if I traveled the distance he has in a crate.

He is currently communicating with Lily through the babygate. She just does not understand why he cannot come out and play right now! There will be plenty of time for that, he needs to settle a bit and we will see how the introductions go on a one on one basis tomorrow or the next day.

Every member of the herd has taken a turn at sniffing at the gate and cocking their heads looking at their new brother. I can forsee no problems integrating him in with all of them. He will need to be watched carefully to make sure no one gets rough with him.

Thank you, Marge, for doing such a wonderful job fostering him and agreeing to let him go - I know that must have been difficult.

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment