Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Etta Update

Every now and then we are blessed with a "long ago" adoption update. Just recently, foster mom Bonnie shared this story:

I contacted the Forever Mommy of our former foster Etta. I wanted to share with her the video that has some photos of Etta being a surrogate mommy to our puppy foster Rowdy: http://youtube.com/profile?user=ColPotterCairnRescue

I always choke up when I think about Etta. One of our wonderful volunteers got to the shelter on what would have been Etta's last day on earth. They said no one would want an 8 y/o dog with hair loss from a flea infestation who circled all the time.WRONG!!! Etta came to my home for fostering and with decent care her hair quickly grew in and with love and attention the circling behavior mostly disappeared. When I got a call that someone was interested in Etta we talked about all her good points and I said I couldn't think of even one bad point to mention. A young professional woman drove 10 hours to adopt Etta in November of 2004. She stayed overnight at a motel and drove 10 hours back home. Every time we talk she says Etta is still *perfect*. Here's what her mom says now:

Etta continues to be wonderful! Right now we are living with a 1 year old Bagle (Beagle/Basset mix) and after working out a couple differences they get along well. Etta had some minor surgery in April (to have a cyst removed), but other than that she is incredibly> healthy and the vets think she may even be younger than we originally thought! Seeing how wonderful Etta is really inspired my parents to become involved with Colonel Potter. They'd always believed in animal shelters, but after getting to know Etta so well, I think it put a personal touch on the issue for them -- they absolutely adore her and cannot believe that she could have been euthanized!

I've included some recent photos of Etta for you. The first picture is of Etta running around in my parent's back yard. The second picture is of Etta after chasing my parent's dog, Mac, around the back yard and diving into a mud puddle, and the third is of Etta 'sitting pretty' for a spoonful of yogurt with Mac in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment