Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Gift Named Midori



Thank you Colonel Potter for bringing this wonderful little muffin into my life seven years ago! She is still everything I wanted and more! Having been a sad, scared, neglected mill momma for the first five years of her life, I am truly amazed at where she is now! She has taught me more about love, bravery, and loyalty than any human being I have known.

Thank you for giving her such a wonderful start to her new life, and for allowing me to be the forever mom to such a special little girl. My life is much richer today, because she is in it! She turned twelve years old just yesterday, and while I can see signs of her slowing down, and we are dealing with a lesion on her spinal cord that can not be cured, I am hopeful that we still have many happy days ahead of us. I am ecstatic to say that she has had more happy days outside of that mill now, than she had sad ones inside of it. Every day of freedom is a gift, and I can see how grateful she is mirrored in her beautiful eyes whenever she looks at me.

I love my little peanut more than words can express. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I've attached a picture of Midori - such a princess she has turned out to be!

Courtney S
Woodstock IL
With Midori and Jack Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment