Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

In Loving Memory of Iggster

Dear Joellyn and CPCRN:

Almost exactly four years ago, Joellyn got off the plane in DC and I met Ignatius (CPCRN name "Atticus"), nickname Iggy. I fell in love with him immediately.

I lost my precious boy on Saturday, only weeks after he started acting out and stopped eating, and only a week after the vet discovered a massive cancerous tumor that spread from his abdomen, through his diaphragm and into/around his lungs.

I am devastated to say the least, but proud that - once it was clear there was nothing the vet could do and that pain meds did not help enough - I ended his suffering. But I am selfishly wishing he was still with me - four years with my precious boy was not enough, but then again I'm sure 50 years woudldn't have been enough either.
I just wanted to let you know what a gift you gave me in Iggy. He was the best dog you could possibly imagine. I just wish he had had a longer life with me and that his life did not end in such pain. Thank you for rescuing him and fostering him. He changed my life, made me want to be a better person.

In loving memory of my Iggster, Amy in Phoenix, AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment