Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

More on Cairnadian Cere

I have a wonderful bit of news that I wanted to share! We think Ceres has decided we're her forever people. I have to give you a bit of background first. Mart's daughter had a Cairn who went everywhere with Mart, and when the girl left to go live on Vancouver Island with mom, she took the dog, and broke Marts' heart. So, I got him Bronson, who was one of those dogs one has once in a lifetime, and Mart truly adored him. On occasion, when Brons was exceptionally excited, he'd tuck his tail between his legs, and go ripping thro the house, around the couch, past the chairs, thro the kitchen, out into the hall, over and over. It was hilarious, and Mart really missed that act when Brons died 3 years ago. Fast forward to Weds evening, I come home from work, Ceres little back end is just vibrating, her tail's going in circles as we say hello again. I stand up to take off my coat - all of a sudden Ceres takes off like a Bronson rocket - tail tucked between her legs, she goes ripping thro the house past the couch, around the chair where Russell the cats' laying, into the kitchen out into the hall , and around again! She did it for about 5 rotations before she came back to me (where she got major praise). Mart had a tear in his eye and said "that was just like Bronson, I think she's finally arrived". And so do I - I believe she's finally decided she's safe, and loved here, and could relax enought to let go and whoop it up a bit. And she did it again last evening to a lesser degree. I shall call you a bit later, I have a couple of chores to get done, and I'll need to take the princess on "walkies" soon. talk to you later, but I hope you agree this is a major breakthrough! Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment