Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mischievous Minnie at Home in Colorado

Well, it's been a week. One thing that has helped a lot is that Minnie is a little sweet girl. She listens and is trying so hard to fit in. She's had a few pee pee mistakes but all in all is very well potty trained. (Thank you Foster Mom Christy!) (of course as I sat writing this she just peed on our carpet and was caught 2x eating through my coat pockets which had treats in them---that will teach me!)

Scarlett, (our first Cairn 10 years old) on the other hand has taken to her four poster bed like a great southern lady, lying on her back, with her paw over her forehead and I'm pretty sure she was saying ...."Why Me?" She has had a very bad case of the vapors, just like Aunt Pity Pat. I thus, put a leash on her and made her come into various rooms with me and out of hiding. There is the constant of making sure everything is first with Scarlett. A few times she's let Minnie lay on her favorite bed in the computer room. Once, however Scarlett growled.

I swear if I wasn't looking Scarlett would say "come on Minnie lets play," but as long as I look she will hang back in the corners as if to say, "I'm watching everything Mom....everything, and don't you forget it." Slowly, one week later, Scarlett's vapors are getting lessened. I look forward to the time that this is all just a fleeting memory and Scarlett takes down the four poster bed and really accepts quiet Minnie. (well not so quiet really)

When I've gone to Physical Therapy Minnie is in her x-pen and Scarlett in her crate by x-pen. Minnie has taken to pulling the bottom of the tarp in through the x-pen (about 8" of it--this is no easy task) and tearing off pieces, thus dumping the water bowl all over her toys, towel, bed, pee pad etc.

Every night Brian and I have a "let's straighten out the x-pen" time, where we pull the tarp out of the trapped bars, lift the now 50 LB toys since they are wet and put them outside to dry and wipe down everything and put fresh towels and flip the bed. Minnie and Scarlett just run through the x-pen now on it's side while the Human slaves are at work.

Meanwhile, perhaps today I can breath easier and even get some housework done. Everything has gone to the dogs....pun intended! Hope your week has gone well.
Colleen, Brian, Scarlett, Minnie, Willie, Frida

No comments:

Post a Comment