Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Gracie's (fka Gravel) Loving Forever Home

She has settled in quite nicely. And really, she's not that shy. We had a couple of friends stop by unexpectedly and she went right up to the female, sat in front of her and put her paw on the woman's leg. My older son came home from fishing with his two friends and she was fine with them all. They are all quiet so no one scared her but she was fine. When we ate dinner I put her in her crate to give her a little quiet time and she just took a snooze.

I'm trying to follow the Col. Potter sheet and keep her away from the action but she really doesn't seem to mind it all. In fact, she's a little nosy. If one of us gets up she immediately follows to see what's going on. I love that.

I put her toys in a little cloth-lined basket and she even dragged a little monkey out and played with him for a brief moment. I keep looking for signs of overload but she seems to be taking it all in stride. Do you think it's all ok for her?

She's spoiled already. I tried to put her in her crate for quiet time this afternoon but my husband felt sorry for her. Said she's been a cage too long so, her favorite place - already - seems to be on the couch between John and I (totally relaxed with her feet up in the air - and snoring!). And you (Doreen) are right, she took to John right away. All the work I did and she's daddy's girl. I took her outside and she kept pulling me in a different direction. I couldn't imagine what she was looking at so I went. Well John was under my son's car looking at something and she walked right over there and sat next to his legs.

And she does love to eat. She ate her food with lightening speed and never turned down a treat! It may force John and I to lose some weight as you cannot sit down with any type of food or she's on you immediately! Anyway, we just love her and she seems to be adjusting fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment