Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Funny Fort - Puppy Antics

Fort has a talent for disappearing swiftly and silently, so stealth are his maneuvers my reading, crocheting, or writing goes undisturbed. Never certain of the time now lapsed, I begin to feel the weight of a thick fog rolling over the morning lawn. So still. So peaceful. You could hear a rabbit raiding a nearby garden. As quiet often does, it stirs me to glance over my shoulder to see Master Fort’s bed empty. For an instance, I wonder what sock will now be laden with a hole, or has he found another bra to violate beyond wearing? Worse, he’s gotten himself behind the TV cabinet and is gnawing through an electrical cord. I go searching for Fort and find him sitting, patiently by his bowl. He looks quite jolly at the sight of me, now aware of his need. It’s past his evening meal. Master Fort reminds me of a Hobbit. Bright eyed, merry, small bodied but sturdy, thick curly hair, apt to laughter, and to eating and drinking. Fort joyfully dances and prances about, eager to be feed but not too keen on helping with the chore. I fix his fare and serve him like the Prince he is … wondering who is training who.

Only a puppy can achieve a full throttle run in the span of two feet and two seconds. The real trick comes in the directional changes that take place within this very short, action packed trek. Fort moves with the same precision as the elite athletes showcased in “O” on the Vegas Strip. His athleticism is impressive; however, shadowed by his natural showmanship. Once he hits “full throttle” he launches off his air ramp and completes a perfect freestyle Gainer any jumper would envy. The dismount is especially stellar with a solid landing in the perfect pee stance; whereby, Fort promptly urinates with great satisfaction. I dutifully give the appropriate puppy praise and sound off with “Hurry, Hurry” and “Good Potty!” He beams and bows. I clap. We head back in the house. On the way in, he manages to receive a bouquet of flowers from each shrub …I’m so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment