Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

An update on Lilo!


An update on Lilo!

Just wanted to send an update on Lilo, fka Colpy. I adopted Lilo July 19, 2008, exactly 6 months to the day that she was rescued from a kill shelter. Poor Lilo had gone through so much already, living in a puppy mill for 5 years, and she was only with me 7 months before her life would change again.

My boyfriend of 8 years and I were living in Syracuse, NY and in March of this year, we decided to split up. Between us we had 6 pets, 3 cats and 3 dogs. I took 5 of the pets, including Lilo and we moved back to my hometown of Buffalo into an apartment. That's right- 2 dogs and 3 cats in one apartment! Lilo was my rock, always there for me when I had a rough day. She adjusted very well to her new living situation and enjoyed many sleepovers at "Grandma's" now that I lived close to my family again.

She also had an interesting breakthrough! Lilo was never very fond of men and definitely did not get close to my ex. But in June of this year, I met a wonderful man who Lilo became attached to very quickly. I couldn't believe it when I saw her pawing at his legs trying to give him kisses! Lilo also started getting more playful! She and her "brother", a lab mix, would zoom around the apartment and play until they tired themselves out! It's amazing to see how much she had come out of her shell. Strangely enough, Lilo has also bonded with one of the cats. I catch them laying together all the time. I can't even describe what a joy it is to have this little cairn terrier in my life. She is my world and I don't know what I would do without her! I have attached a picture of Lilo and Bagheera "bonding"... Thank you Col. Potter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment