Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Padraig finds his forever home!

The following is a thank you from the adoptive mom to her matchmaker. I had the privilege of being Padraig's foster mom as well as a celebrant to this Gotcha Day.

You Guys are awesome, Kathy! We are safely home with the little fellow. I rode the last 1/3 of the trip from Savannah with Padraig in the back seat -- stroking his little head, scratching behind the ears, gently rubbing his belly. He was so sweet until I could've eaten him, but we had already stopped and grabbed something quick. Fed him, too.

The meeting with the other two went perfectly. I walked Padraig from one end of the neighborhood, and George walked from the other with the other two boys. We were all relaxed (albeit tired), sniffed, wet, sniffed some more, wagged tails . . . no problems, whatsoever. Got home and settled into the kitchen, and all three just blended right in, like we had always been one big happy family. We were amazed.

Thanks so much for all of the effort that went into fulfilling my wish for a little Cairn of my own, and making that dream come true. I want to give him as good a life as what we have the other two fur kids, and he so well deserves. Thank you, too, for the lovely CPCRN calendar. It arrived in the mail, and I carried it with me to peruse on the way down to Savannah . Broke my heart, Kathy, to see the pictures and read the stories of some of these little guys.

NO ONE will get me, or my little dog, too! (to quote the WW of the West)
Sloppy wet Cairn kisses to you all, from me and my new little companion,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment