Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wiggles' First Gotcha Day

One year ago today Bill and I drove to Iowa to pick up our Miss Wiggles from foster mom Tina W. Our lives were forever changed the minute we walked in Tina's house and saw this tiny black brindle gal with her little CP scarf tied around her neck. I was showered with kisses as I got down on the floor to meet my little girl for the first time. We had a grand time of playing and her rolling over for belly rubs. I picked her up and she laid her little head on my shoulder and gave a big sigh. This is a moment that will stay with me forever.

Bill was chomping at the bit to get his turn so he took over Wiggles duty while I signed all the forms. After taking care of all the paperwork we started on our journey home. I sat in the back seat beside the crate on the way home and Wiggles looked at me with those brown eyes and that look went straight to my heart. I just couldn't help myself, so I opened the crate door and layed my arm inside and Wiggles curled up and finally went to sleep.

My youngest daughter had kept our 7 yr. old cairn, Tigger so after we were home a couple of hours and Wiggles had been lead around the back yard on leash and then allowed to explore the house, Kara brought Tigger home. We had blocked off a room so the meet and greet could be done slowly BUT both girls would have nothing to do with that. There was so much crying and tail wagging that we decided to leash Wiggles and see how things would work out between them. It was love at first sniff and they ran off playing together and have been best buddies ever since!!

It has been a wild ride with Wiggles. She was, and still is, the most mischievous and spunky little gal we've ever owned and we LOVE her for it. In fact her middle initial is "T" which stands for "Trouble"!!! She is such a happy-go-lucky cairn and loves all people from newborns to the elderly. She also loves all dogs and is always ready to play with them. Wiggles is the most loving and affectionate little girl and MUST be on our laps if we are sitting down and she LOVES to snuggle.

For whatever reason, Bill and I both know Wiggles is our heart dog. From the first minute we saw her, she captured our hearts in a way no other has. We dearly loved our Shaggy (RB 3/16/08) and dearly love our Tigger, but there is just something about Wiggles that makes her so very special to us. Wiggles means the world to us and she makes each day a very special day.

Thank you so much CP for allowing us to adopt our girl. You are a very special group of people and I'm so happy that you've allowed us to join in the ranks of volunteering and helping out where we can. We will be celebrating with "cheesy wiener cake" and we bought Wiggles a LARGE stuffed monkey in honor of her first year with us. I'm attaching pics of our little gal today. She is still tiny at 12 lbs. She was 11 lbs. 4 oz when we adopted her so she hasn't grown much in the past year in size.

Bill and Pam E
Normal, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment