Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Babs is One Lucky Lady!

Dear Lynn and Mary:

I think it's time for a Riley update. I'm sure you're anxious to hear about our new life together.

What can I say? She's just a lovely little lady. There's nothing that makes me happier than waking up to that little face staring at me first thing in the morning (as she perches daintily on my chest).

She's happy, peppy, incredibly well behaved, a great watchdog, an eager eater, a great playmate, and an all-around excellent pal. She greets all my friends with great enthusiasm, gets along famously with my grandbabies (ages 4 and 9) and their chihuahua and Bichon, and is just sheer joy to have around.

My housemate, Steve, frequently takes her on long walks, and she is an avid music enthusiast when Steve gives his blues guitar lessons on the deck. I have to confess that I got a bit jealous because one night she went upstairs (that's where Steve lives) and spent the night with him. So the next night I solved the problem by placing a gate across the stairs, and from that point on, she has been sleeping with me. Silly, I know, but I missed waking up to that wonderful little face, and Steve didn't seem to care one way or the other, so . . .

I've never left her alone at home for more than a couple of hours. She really didn't want to get into the crate last time, so I left Animal Planet on TV, and she was just fine when I got home. She's about the most un-neurotic and well-behaved dog I've ever had.

I can't thank you enough for providing me with such a delightful little buddy.

I'll keep you posted. By the way, her "talking" has yet to take place, but I'm greatly looking forward to it!

She's a wonderful, wonderful little girl.

Love, Helaine

No comments:

Post a Comment