Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kanya is now Kiki

We're so happy!
Everything has gone very well so far. Because Kiki came in on a late flight, we had to meet at home. But absolutely no dustups. Butchie was a little interested, but mostly stand-offish. Got Kiki fed and watered and out for a walk around the backyard on her leash and then we investigated the house. We stayed up for awhile, but were in bed by midnight. I had her crate in my room with the door open and she went in on her own and slept well.

We get up early around my house, but slept in till almost 6am on Wednesday. Out into the yard on a leash to see it in the daylight and then in for breakfast.

After that, the leash came off and Kiki was free to investigate the very secure backyard. We had a good day checking everything out. Butchie slept most of the day, so didn't really interact with her until after dinner. Late in the day, we took a car ride to KFC and that went well.

Kiki had a lot of fun playing with me and the fuzzy toy I have and once she got going, she tried to encourage Butchie to interact with her, but he was kind of grumpy. She actually jumped up on the couch a couple of times to talk to him, but then he did get more aggressively vocal. But no snapping or lunging. And Kiki is very good about backing off quietly.

We had another good night with Kiki sleeping in her crate with the door open. She wanted to sleep with me on the bed, but I'm not good surrounded by dogs, so until she can sleep on the same side with Butchie, we'll have to make do with the crate.

Yesterday and today, she laid on the bathroom rug while I took a shower and this morning, she stayed on the rug with me while I got ready for work.
We took another ride in the car this morning as I brought both dogs to work with me. I work for a small non-profit in a small office building that allows dogs. I have a baby gate across my office door and only a couple of women work in the office and they are all very nice and low-key.
Considering how little time Butchie and Kiki have spent together, I am not comfortable leaving them home alone just yet so they will come to work with me again tomorrow.
Butchie already has his pillow and blankie in my office and now I have a big towel folded for padding with the very colorful little blankie that Tina sent along with Kiki for her office bed.
She really is a very well-mannered, beautiful little girl and I feel very lucky to have found her!
Thank you all again for your help and thanks so much to Tina for all the wonderful transition work you did with her.
Warmest Regards,Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment