Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Roxanne Marks Six Months at Home!

Pawtributed by Roxie aka CP Roxanne 

Roxanne Loves being Outside!

Roxie here!  Yes!  It’s me!  Well, O.K., you might know me as Roxanne!


Anyway, my Mommy and Daddy didn't think they would make it at times, but I am still here - and I think they Love me!  Don't think for one second that I made it easy for them, but I am cute and they just can't help themselves!  I know all you Cairn lovers understand! 

Roxanne (right) joins sister Rye, also a CP girl, watching the garden grow!

Roxanne (right) sister Rye, also a CP girl, and brother Jasper on the road!
After six months at my Forever Home, I can tell you that I Love to be outside (if it is not raining) and I would probably never come inside if Mom didn't make me!  I also Love stuffy toys, and I hold the record, Mom says, for de-stuffing and/or de-squeaking them!  I’m proud of that! My favorite treat ever is Cheese, and I really, really Love belly rubs!  Guess what?  I even Love belly rubs from Daddy!

Roxanne ready to Graduate from Rowdy Rover!

I have been working very hard on my training and I recently graduated from Rowdy Rover!  My trainer was very happy with my work – but not as happy as my Mom and Dad!

Roxanne, brother, Jasper, and sister Rye – and maybe a treat or two off camera!

In a very strange way, my Mom recently got some pictures of where I was rescued from – Ohhhh… I really don't like to remember that place!  I’m not going to show you because it just makes me too upset, but, in a way, it is good that my Mom and Dad and my trainer saw them because they can understand my fears a little better when they look at these awful photos.

Oh!  Almost forgot!  The “strange” thing is that my human sister is getting married soon and it just so happens that her Matron of Honor – whatever that is – lives in the very town I was rescued from!  Not only that, she lives next door to one of the Volunteers of the local ASPCA involved with my rescue – me and 99 other dogs, all stuffed into a crowded, filthy little house!  So this volunteer is very happy to find out how well I am doing, and she sent my Mom the bad photos.

So, I am happier, Mom and Dad and happier, and I believe we are all well on our way to finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!  …or was it the Wizard?  I guess I’ll have to ask Mommy to read that one again!

Roxie - On the Road to Happy!!!
Well, thank you again, everyone at Col. Potter who helped me find my way home – and look for me here in another six months!

Love,

Roxanne





No comments:

Post a Comment