Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finley's First Birthday!

We adopted Finley (fka Brent) the third week in July, but he stole my heart the first week of June.

My husband said we couldn't get a puppy until after we were married on May 24, 2008. So when we returned from our honeymoon, I started looking.

And the I found Col. Potter. And then I found our pup! I just knew it was meant to be after Brian and I had spent so much time in Biloxi, where Foster Mom Karen was taking such good care of these new pups.

I emailed my application in, had my interviews, and my home saftey visit was conducted by Momma Dee and her husband. We were approved for adoption, and we were able to take Finley home at 9 weeks old.
As luck would have it, I was working in Hattisburg at the time, and I was able to bring him home to Houston the next day.

We've had such a wonderful time watching him grow up, and he's now a very handsome young man. Even though he is a little naughty from time to time, it keeps things interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment