Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

How to Stuff a Kong as Your Cairn's Treat

My friend Susan writes: You can use just about anything! And here's a trick - you can stick them in the freezer after they are filled and it takes longer for them to get the stuff out!
Our current Kong Contents are:--Kibble (I good sized pieces like Wellness - any flavor - the little bits of kibble would probably work fine too)--sometimes I will put a little piece of cooked chicken in first in the bottom, but then kibble - I always have cooked chicken breast on hand for this and in case anyone has an upset tummy--Grated low-fat Cheddar Cheese - pushed down really tight against the kibble. Of course when I fill the kongs, it spills on the floor so the dogs have a FIELD DAY cleaning it up while I'm filling the kongs - it's part of the routine, you know...--More kibble--More grated cheese to push it all down and cement it in there-Garnish - currently I am using dried sweet potato flakes I made on Sunday but it can be any biscuit piece or anything that you can stick into the grated cheese. Use what you have on hand or come up with something unique
It's actually a lot of fun to come up with things to use and if your dogs are like mine, they will eat almost anything in their kongs. Since I've started using the grated cheese, kong filling is the BEST part of the day in our house

No comments:

Post a Comment