Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Update on Miss Mitzi!

Joy, Mitzi went to the office with me this morning and quietly settled in before the vet appointment. My vet thought she was in wonderful shape for 14. She heard a very faint heart murmur but said that was normal for Mitzi's age. Some mucus had built up from me not cleaning correctly so she cleaned that out and clipped a little hair around her eyes to make it easier. I now have a routine of washing her eye with saline solution and getting the mucus out, giving her a drop of the mucomyst followed by a strip of a new lubricant called Paralube. Her eyes look good right now. The vet is checking with a canine opthamologist across the bridge about whether a drop called Tacrolimus would help Mitzi. As it happens, Geordie is on that for a different eye condition. I expect to be taking both dogs over to see the opthamologist this spring. Mitzi was very relaxed in the office, pawed at my chair for attention, barked once when I left her alone and is pawing at me now as I type. I have gotten a few kisses and love her dearly. She is a VERY sweet dog. She ate both breakfast and dinner today and seems to enjoy going for walks. I was pleased to learn that if I go out of town to visit my daughter, etc., the vet will board her and handle all the eye treatments so she won't regress. Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment