Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Gotcha Day to Nettie Ann


This is Nettie’s 7th or 8th Gotcha Day. For some reason, I can’t remember if she was adopted in 2001 or 2002. She was about 6 when I adopted her, so this makes her 13 or 14 years old.

Nettie was my first foster and I loved her the moment I saw her picture, long before she ever arrived March 2. She hated to be picked up, but now asks to be picked up, as she is doing in this picture – pawing my leg. I loved her so much, that I just had to hold her, and often. Now I can’t sit down without her often deciding that I need to pick her up.

It’s been many wonderful years of loving this girl. She’s doing well other than her allergies, so I am hopeful of many more years. I will be forever grateful to CP for introducing me to fostering, and especially for bringing Nettie Ann into my life.

Thank you.
Sandy in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment