Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Gibbs Celebrates his First Gotcha Day!

Written by Gibbs fka CP Citron

Gibbs fka CP Citron Celebrate his 1st Year Gotcha Day!


Good Morning!  Gibbs here!  A year ago I was pulled from a life of fighting Naval crime and…  Oh… wait… That’s the real Gibbs.  Ok: A year ago I was adopted by two really nice people.  Initially, I have to admit, I was a bit frightened, but once they got me to my new Forever Home, I found Lots of new toys, treats, and all the loving and belly rubs I could handle! 

I quickly learned I could trust my new Mom and Dad as I settled in.  Dad then took me exploring my new neighborhood.  It was pretty interesting, and I even found a girlfriend on the corner, though I do still like to play hard to get.  After I earned their trust, Mom and Dad allowed me to sleep at the foot of their bed.  I like that - a lot! 

Gibbs and his brother Alex

Guess what?  My new home also came with a brother, Alex, a funny kind of dog – I think Dad called him a “cat”?  My brother Alex and I are constantly chasing each other and playing.  He doesn’t play fair, but I usually win. 

Gibbs and Alex after a long day of playing
Alex even thinks he can take me for a walk!

It isn’t all fun and games, though.  Dad took me to this thing called “Obedience School”.  At first I wasn’t too sure about all these strange dogs - most of which were larger than me – but, after a few classes, I started socializing with them more and more.  I received lots of praises from the instructor, but what I really liked most was the treats!  In the end, I got the diploma, but I think, truth be told, that Dad got trained pretty well too.

I’m a graduate!

The other thing I like to do is watch TV, especially when dog shows are on.  I’ll watch from Mom or Dad’s lap, next to them on the sofa, or up close, so I can see all the action.

Oh, my!  What a great looking dog!

All in all, it has been a fun year!  I got to meet lots of new people, too.  I got to go on a long car ride to a place called “Tampa” to meet my cousin, Carrie.  I like going for rides, and get excited when I see my crate being loaded in the car!  I just celebrated my 2nd birthday last month and I got Lots more toys, biscuits, and treats!  BTW, have I mentioned I like squeaky toys??!!!

Gibbs and Alex looking for What’s Next…

Thank You, Col. Potter and my Foster Mom & Dad, for rescuing me and preparing me for my Forever Home!   Mom & Dad say they couldn’t be happier!

Gotta go!  Till next time then…  Alex and I will watch for what comes next and I’ll bring you the full report next year!

Gibbs



Take a Look at my CP Intake Story:





No comments:

Post a Comment